Friday, March 4, 2011

Window Mirror

      Can I just say I LOVE spray paint! It might be the best invention known to mankind. Ever since I discovered looking glass spray paint, I've been dying to try it. My antique window was the perfect candidate for such an experiment and it worked wondrously. Here is what I started with.


     I gave it multiple coats of Krylon looking glass spray.


      You have to spray this stuff on the backside of whatever glass you are working on. It is not going to look like a store bought mirror. It has a cloudy, almost old look to it. That was exactly perfect for the look I was going for, so that was fine with me.


      It adds a nice open feel to the wall above my mantle, instead of just looking through a window at a wall.


      I like my springified mantle. Isn't my bird cute?


      I don't suppose it's proper to mix fake plants with real, but seriously, who can keep flowers alive in a tipped over pitcher?


      You can see how I made my wreath here.


      I love Spring! It's my favorite!
Linking this to:
Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Friday
Funky Junk Interiors: SNS 71
Be different Act normal show and tell Saturday

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! I love your mantle and the new mirror- so pretty!
    Kate @ welcomedtempest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the window! Its great!

    www.madebyhannahshands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard you could buy paint and do this. I have a window that I have been trying to figure out what to do with it and this will be great. Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have just made my entire day! I've had old windows stashed in the garage for some time trying to figure out what to do with them. Also dealing with a not-quite fireplace mantel(It's only 6 inches wide)behind our wood burning stove that I have been scratching my head in frustration over. You have provided me a solution to both dilemmas. I'm off to the hardware store to look for that paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great effect with that paint! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Considering I'm spray paint obsessed,I've never tried the mirror paint! Have to get me some of that!

    ReplyDelete