Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Summer cardigans

     It's been raining sheets here, so in the absence of my beloved sunshine and fresh air, I've been amusing myself with my sewing machine. I'm sure you've noticed that the trend of layering clothing is carrying over into summer with light weight wraps, cardigans, whatever you want to call them. I love the look and also the practicality. It can be steaming hot outside. but icicles can form on your face the second you step indoors from the pumped up AC most folks have going. Since a girl can never have too much variety, I decided to try my hand at making a few.
     This light tan one I made from scratch based on the style of one I already had. I just traced out the pieces and sewed it all together.





     This pink one I refashioned out of a long sleeve, long length one that I had sitting around. I never wore it because it was rather unflattering. I chopped the sleeves and used the cut off portion to do the pleats around the edges. I cut the length shorter and curved the edges in the front. I'm not entirely satisfied with this one as the edges have a tendency to fall open even though I topstiched it all. I might go back and sew some ribbon or trim to the inside raw edges to make it look neater.





     I made another as well, but it needs a little refining before I show you that one. These are so simple and can be so many different styles, they are really fun to make!

Linking to:
Tea Rose Home: Link Party
Someday Crafts: whatever goes wednesday
Sew Much Ado: We did it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do love that pink sweater! Hope you will do a tutorial on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both but the tan is my favorite. What a great job. A tutorial would be great.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete