The set is pretty scratched and nicked up from various moves and the fabric on the seats has turned a dingy grey which is not super beautiful. It is beautiful furniture though, lots of detail and curvy lines. It was very generously given to us and I am very grateful to have it.
I decided to sew slipcovers for the chair seats rather than recover them, because then I could wash them. Slipcovers are more time consuming, but I feel like they will be a better choice in the long run. I also decided to glaze the details on the chairs and table which is also more time consuming. Glazing brings out so much in a piece though that it is definitely worth the extra time.
So far I have finished sewing the slipcovers, finished four chairs and have the next four painted and ready to glaze. Here is a sneak peak.
Love, love, love them so far! I didn't expect the chairs to take so long to redo, but I'm trying to be careful and do it as well as I can. I'm thinking I'll have to be satisfied with finishing the chairs this weekend and tackle the table next week.
This will be so worth the work...the difference it already makes in the room is lovely. Have a happy weekend!
Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots and Jello