Monday, February 14, 2011

shirt fail (sorta)

      I got the most fabulous Valentine's gift from God today...a warm sunny day...And it is to be warm and sunny all week!! I intend to be most productive this week. To start I attempted to copy a style shirt that a friend of mine recently had great success copying as well. I'm not sure how to post a picture of it from online, but its rather loose with flowy sleeves.  The sleeves are not sewn in, but rather, are cut as one piece with the main part of the shirt. I thought that this would make it a simple thing to copy. Apparently not.
       I traced a shirt that I already had, but made it larger and exaggerated the sleeves. It seemed to be going OK, until I realized I had cut the neck binding too short. Whoopsie.

       Well that could be fixed with some strategically placed flowers, I decided. After completing the shirt I did not have at all what I had envisioned in my head. The sleeves were not flowy, it was the wrong type of material completely for this style, and it was much more fitted than the style I wanted.  Here is the final outcome.

     It’s a perfectly fine shirt, it just doesn't match the shirt in my head. Oh well, that's the fun of sewing with no pattern. You might just end up with a surprise when you are all done. I suppose I'll try it again and see what happens this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment