Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Organization on the cheap

     I'm back! I had a lovely time visiting family and relaxing. I took a short break today from the unpacking and shoveling through dirty laundry to do a quick little organization improvement.
     A few weeks back I bought a old mailbox at a garage sale. Shortly thereafter, I found some galvanized buckets in the dollar section at Target. I love buckets of all sizes so I bought a whole stack of them. The combination of the mailbox and two buckets resulted in a super cute wall organizer.


     I outlined the word "mail" on the box with a chalk pen so it would stand out better. It will hold my waiting to be sorted mail just perfectly.



     The buckets were brightened up with a bit of ribbon and some black lettering. They are just the right size for the ever needed, always missing, paper and pens.



     And there you have it, fifteen minutes and $5 can go along way for cuteness and function.



Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This project is adorable, practical, and cheap (my three favorite things)! Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'm hosting We're ORganized Wednesday through Saturday this week and would love for you to link this to the party. There's a great giveaway too.
    http://organizeyourstuffnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking to We're organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is THAT?!! Would not have thought of using a mailbox like that but it is adorable! I have that same copy of Paper Source magazine -- recognized it right away -- haha!

    ReplyDelete